Computer Game Development & Animation
Ever dream of making a video game? Well, here's your chance!
In the Computer Game Development and Animation Program, students learn about the 16 components of computer game development through a team-centered, problem-solving instructional format. There are 83 companies in Maryland looking for trained young professionals in video game, computer game, and simulations development. In the senior year, students produce E-Everyone, EC-Early Childhood, E 10+ and "Serious Games" products. Industry professionals present seminars. Students with final grades of 90 percent or higher earn articulated college credits with Hagerstown Community College. The program received the prestigious Maryland State Department of Education "Outstanding Secondary Career Technology Program [CTE] Award of Excellence."
- Yes, Microsoft did give X-Box 360 Elites to our winning senior game developers!
- Yes, we're a state award-winning program.
- Yes, we're published in magazines.
- Yes, you'll meet visitors from many states.
- Yes, our students attend the best colleges!
- Yes, you'll learn how to work efficiently in teams.
- Yes, you'll learn about building computer and video games here!