Library Media Services
The Library Media Program works to support a learning environment in schools in which students can acquire information-gathering skills and study habits that promote lifelong learning and the ability to use current information resources.
It is the role of library media specialists to organize and implement a program that provides access to information and ideas for the school community through their instructional, administrative, consultative and technical responsibilities.
Library Media Programs personnel offer their expertise to the school system through various projects including:
- Evaluate, select and maintain a collection of materials that supports the curriculum and is appropriate for varying levels of student abilities and interests
- Provide instruction in library media skills which integrates with essential curricula
- Plan and evaluate the total school library media program
- Participate in new school construction projects and renovations
- Facilitate the use of technology hardware and software in the school setting