Teacher of the Year
Teacher of the year
Washington County Public Schools (WCPS), in cooperation with the Washington County Chamber of Commerce Foundation, is proud to recognize those who serve in a teaching capacity and help ensure educational excellence in Washington County. Anyone who has observed or benefited from an outstanding educator's skill and excellence is encouraged to nominate that individual for the Teacher of the Year Award. Nominations for the 2024-2025 Teacher of the Year Award are being accepted through January 5, 2024. Nominations are to be submitted using the 2024-2025 Teacher of the Year Nomination Form (2024-2025 Maestro Del Año Forma De nominación).
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time classroom teacher responsible for student academic achievement and performance
- Have a minimum of five full years of experience teaching in public schools
- Be tenured in Maryland
- Remain in a teaching position throughout the 2024-2025 school year
(2023-2024 Teacher of the Year finalists are not eligible for the award in 2024-2025)
2023-2024 TEACHER OF THE YEAR
Raymond Weber, a fifth grade teacher at Salem Avenue Elementary School, is the 2023-2024 Teacher of the Year! He has spent his entire 13-year teaching career at Salem Avenue. As part of his prize package, Raymond is enjoying the use of a 2023 Kia Sorento Hybrid for a year, generously sponsored by Hagerstown Honda and Kia.
Finalists for 2023-2024 include:
- Ashley Deeds - Health Education teacher - South Hagerstown High School
- Kimberlie Grabenstein - 4th/5th grade STEM Magnet teacher - Williamsport Elementary School
- Erin Orth - 3rd grade teacher - Fountaindale Elementary School
- Erika Osborne - Chorus teacher - Springfield Middle School
TEACHER OF THE YEAR celebration
An annual dinner and recognition ceremony is held each spring and is sponsored by the Washington County Chamber of Commerce Foundation in Hagerstown.