To enroll your child in Washington County Public Schools, take the following information to your local school:
You will need to provide your child's:
- Birth certificate
- Immunization records
- Health Inventory completed by child's doctor within a nine month period before child enters school or within a six month period after entering school.
- Proof of residency, which can be a current property tax bill, rental bill, utility bill or mortgage statement; must be current within last three months of registration. You CANNOT use a driver's license or either a regular telephone bill or cell phone bill.
Your child will need a physical before the start of school. Forms are available at the school.
For additional information regarding special circumstances call the Department of Student Services at 301-766-2960 or 301-766-2961.
VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY
The parent or court appointed legal guardian of the student must be physically present in order for school enrollment to occur. To validate the identity of the parent/guardian responsible for the student’s enrollment, photo identification must be provided at the time of enrollment.
VERIFICATION OF AGE
A child who is age 5 by September 1, and under age 21 on the first day of school is eligible for enrollment.
Acceptable age verification includes: Birth certification, and Valid Passport/Visa
VERIFICATION OF RESIDENCY
A student who resides in Washington County with his/her custodial parent/guardian will be enrolled in the school in his/her school attendance area with appropriate residency documentation. For assistance in locating school attendance zones, see the WCPS Interactive School District Map.)
Acceptable residency verification includes:
- Lease or mortgage bill/statement Utility bill (water/sewer/gas/electric/oil)
- Real estate tax bill/statement Deed
- Title or statement sheet
Acceptable residency verification includes: current documentation (dated within 3 months of enrollment) and must include the custodial parent/guardian’s name, address and date. Current residency documentation must be provided for each change of address, even within the county.
Families living in shared housing: Notarized Parent Residency Affidavit Multi-Family Disclosure Form is required. Acceptable verification of residency must be provided by primary resident or property owner. Annual update is required. If homelessness is a possibility, a Student in Transition Enrollment Form should be completed.
VERIFICATION OF IMMUNIZATION AND HEALTH STATUS
Immunization Records (computerized immunization printout from physician’s office is acceptable) Physical Examination Record Blood Lead Testing Certificate
VERIFICATION OF CUSTODY
Only a custodial parent or court-appointed custodial guardian may enroll a student in WCPS. Legal custody, not simply physical custody, must be verified at the time of enrollment. Any legal documentation pertaining to custody must be provided at the time of enrollment.
A student will NOT be enrolled with a notarized statement indicating a transfer of custody. Those in the process of transferring or modifying custody of a student must present the following:
- a copy of the completed Complaint for Custody Form (DR4)
- Petition/Motion to Modify Custody Form (DR7) with time and date stamp
- a receipt for the payment of the filing fee
- a copy of the Answer to Complaint Form (DR50) with time and date stamp indicating consent to the custody action.
STUDENTS IN TRANSITION: Students experiencing homelessness (recent loss of housing) may be entitled to specific rights under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act. For additional information call the Department of Student Services at 301-766-2960.
- Pre-K & Kindergarten Registration
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School