Academy of Health Professions
To provide the medical knowledge required; to become a quality health care professional; to help make informed decisions based on career experience through a variety of opportunities.
As a young professional you will:
- Be part of the future health care
- Observe and practice at the Meritus Medical Center and other sites.
- Use medical terminology
- Become CPR, First Aid and Nursing Assistant Certified
- Be prepared to take the Geriatric Nursing Assistant Certification examination.
- Gain leadership and teamwork skills
- Be involved with SkillsUSA for personal and professional development
This program will prepare you to pursue the following career opportunities:
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Physical, Occupational, and Respiratory Therapy
- Health Care Informatics
- EKG and Phlebotomy
- Dental & Medical Assisting
- Emergency Services
- Veterinary Services