William M. Brish Planetarium
The William M. Brish Planetarium is under the jurisdiction of Washington County, Maryland, Public Schools and is located at 820 Commonwealth Avenue, Hagerstown.
You can learn more about the William Brish Planetarium at the Planetarium Weebly site.
The Planetarium is in continuous use serving students from pre-school through senior citizen. Under the direction of Chris Kopco, all programs are presented live with active student participation.
Thank you for your support of the Washington County Planetarium. A series of public programs is presented during the school year. Programs are presented if schools are in session that day, unless otherwise noted. Professional days count too, but not holidays or inclement weather days.
Tuesday, June 26, 2018
- 9 a.m.: One World, One Sky
- 10 a.m.: Moles: What Is Out There
- 11 a.m.: Legends of the Night Sky: Perseus & Andromeda
- Noon: Zula Patrol: Down to Earth
- 1 p.m.: Larry: Cat in Space
- 5:30 p.m.: Earth, Moon & Sun
- 7 p.m.: Moons: Worlds of Mystery
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
- 9 a.m.: Zula Patrol: Under the Weather
- 10 a.m.: Larry: Cat in Space
- 11 a.m.: One World, One Sky
- Noon: Planetary Visions
- 1 p.m.: Legends of the Night Sky: Perseus & Andromeda
- 5:30 p.m.: Cosmic Colors
- 7 p.m.: Black Holes
Wednesday, August 15, 2018
- 9 a.m.: Moles, What Is Out There
- 10 a.m.: Planetary Visions
- 11 a.m.: Zula Patrol: Down to Earth
- Noon: Zula Patrol: Under the Weather
- 1 p.m.: One World, One Sky
- 5:30 p.m.: Habitat Earth
- 7 p.m.: Astronaut
- Adults: $3
- Children & Students: $2 (Family: $10 maximum)
- Senior Citizens w/WCPS Gold Card: Free
Adults interested in astronomy may also participate in the Tristate Astronomers. Tristate Astronomers' meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month (September through May) at 7:30 p.m. at the planetarium. Star parties are scheduled monthly.
Click here to contact the club president.