Pre-Engineering & Architecture
To introduce students to professions that surround and connect engineering and design.
To prepare students to be successful in continuing education, in preparation for these careers.
Is Pre-Engineering the place for me?
- Are you naturally curious?
- Do you enjoy math and science
- Are you a former Lego-Maniac?
- Have you been on an Odyssey of the Mind or Destination Imagination team?
- Did you take apart your bike, or a family appliance before you were 10 years old?
- Do you like working on computers?
- Do you doodle a lot?
- Are you always thinking of better or faster ways to do stuff?
- Do you enjoy learning by doing, instead of reading about it?
- Would you like to earn more then a semester worth of college credits before you leave high school?
If you answered YES to 6 or more of these questions, YOU are a candidate for Pre-Engineering and Computer Aided Design.
As a student in Pre-Engineering you will:
- Explore various career opportunities
- Learn the steps and principles of the design process
- Learn to work as a partner in a problem solving team
- Learn basic drafting and design
- Use computers to design projects, systems and structures
- Build and test (break stuff) various models, prototypes and mock-ups
- Build and test electronic circuits
- Design a house or building
- Intern with a local company
This program will prepare you for a career in:
- Drafting and Design
- Engineering Technology (HCC - 2 year program)
- Architectural, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering (University - 4 or 5 year program)