To give the students the knowledge, skill and abilities to succeed in the many areas of the criminal justice field. This will be developed by a well-rounded learning experience and exposure to the total criminal justice system.
As a young professional you will:
- Explain the history and functions of the components of the Criminal Justice system.
- Determine what constitutes a legal search and seizure.
- Apply the procedures for making a lawful arrest.
- Identify, explain and participate in each step of the adjudication process of a criminal case.
- Demonstrate effective patrol procedures.
- Conduct an investigation of a crime scene.
- Identify and describe the functional units within a police department.
- Determine the duties and responsibilities of the correctional system.
This program will prepare you to pursue the following career opportunities:
- Police Officer
- Correctional Officer
- Parole- Probation Officer
- Security and safety Officer
Earn while you learn!
You will receive six credits in the Criminal Justice Program at Hagerstown Community College.