Welcome to Washington County Technical High School – where you will have the opportunity to spend your junior and senior year making your dreams a reality!
Here, you will find rich, cutting-edge Career Technology Education programs and academic courses that meet the needs of all of our learners. They include on-grade, Honors and Advanced Placement classes, and a variety of electives that allows for a rich educational experience.
With 16 technical areas to choose from, Tech High has something for everyone. Our technical classrooms boast state-of-the-art technology and equipment. Our students have the opportunity to earn industry certifications, college credit and real-world experiences that enrich and enhance the value of their technical education.
Sophomores who are applying to Tech High for their Junior year, the 2021-22 school year, should read the following carefully and make sure to adhere to the dates.
- STEP 1: View video showcasing our 16 exciting programs: WCTHS - Learn it, Do it, Live it. WHEN? Right now!
- STEP 2: Submit Interest Survey: Tech High Interest Survey WHEN? December 21, 2020 - January 8, 2021
- STEP 3: Visits will be conducted virtually on Tuesday, February 9 and Thursday, February 11. All visits will be done virtually, and students who filled out the interest survey will get Google Classroom codes for the areas they will be visiting in a letter sent to each student's WCPS email. WHEN? February 9 & 11, 2021
- STEP 4: Submit Online Application: The APPLICATION LINK is live and will stay open until midnight on February 19. WHEN? February 8 - 19, 2021
- STEP 5: Acceptance Letters: Letters will be emailed to the student's WCPS email address and to the parent’s email address submitted in the online application. All applications will remain active and students will be wait-listed if they do not receive a first-round acceptance letter. All students who submit an application will be notified by email once all programs are filled for the 2021-22 year. WHEN? Acceptance letters will be emailed no earlier than March 15, 2021 and will continue until all programs are filled.
Communication about the process and programs should be directed to Tech High. The main office number is 301.766.8050 and the Counseling office number is 301.766.8053.