Welcome to Washington County Technical High School – where you will have the opportunity to spend your junior and senior year making your dreams a reality!
Here, you will find rich, cutting-edge Career Technology Education programs and academic courses that meet the needs of all of our learners. They include on-grade, Honors and Advanced Placement classes and a variety of electives that allow for a rich educational experience.
With 16 technical areas to choose from, Tech High has something for everyone. Our technical classrooms boast state-of-the-art technology and equipment. Our students have the opportunity to earn industry certifications, college credit and real-world experiences that enrich and enhance the value of their technical education.
Sophomores who are applying to Tech High for their junior year, the upcoming 2022-23 school year, should read the following carefully and make sure to adhere to the dates.
- Each sophomore in the county will have had an opportunity to visit Tech High with their current school by October 8.
- After the first visit, the students will be able to sign up for a return visit between November 12 and 19. Here are the dates for second visits:
- November 12: Williamsport
- November 15: Smithsburg
- November 16: South High
- November 17: North High
- November 18: Clear Spring and Hancock
- November 19: Boonsboro
- An application link will then go live and students will be able to apply for admission to Tech High between November 12 and December 10. The Application Link is live through December 10, 2021.
- Letters to students accepted to Tech High will be sent starting January 5 and will continue until programs are filled.
As always, thank you for your interest. Communication about the process and programs should be directed to Tech High. The main office number is 301.766.8050 and the Counseling office number is 301.766.8053.