Athletic Director: Bill Sterner
The mission of the Hancock High School Athletics program is to provide a competitive, safe environment through which our student-athletes gain direction and motivation to help them to grow academically, athletically, emotionally, and socially.
Participation in high school athletics is an integral part of the educational mission of the Washington County Public Schools and competition is offered to enhance the total development of the student.
The Hancock Athletic Staff is committed to providing equal opportunity for students to participate in high school athletics. We strive for excellence in all of our programs and adhere to the principles of fair play. Student-athletes and coaches are expected to compete with integrity and sportsmanship at all times within the guidelines of the MPSSAA, the WCPSAA and the NFSHS codes of ethics.
Hancock High School will endeavor to maintain a broad based, yet competitive high school program in all offered sports that will strive to benefit the student body, the local community and alumni by providing competitive events which engender cohesiveness and pride.
Sports and Coaches
- Football – Coach Todd Ruppenthal
- Boys Basketball - Coach Loye Hull
- Girls Basketball – Coach Todd Ruppenthal
- Baseball – Coach Jacob Foreman
- Softball – Coach Todd Ruppenthal
- Volleyball - Coach Meagan Graff
- Indoor Track - Coach David Mahaffey
- Outdoor Track – Coach David Mahaffey
- Unified Bocce - Coach Ben Draper and John West