November 29, 2018
Dear Parents and/or Guardians,
As many of you are aware, I was honored to be named the Principal of Boonsboro High School just prior to the Thanksgiving Break. In the past month, I have been in awe of this community and the opportunities for students; from the achievements in the academics to the high student and staff engagement in the fine arts, world languages, agriculture, and athletics. Our Warriors should walk tall and proud!
As this year unfolds, you will see and hear of changes to our daily routines from your child at Boonsboro High School. Over the past month, staff leadership teams have worked with teachers to develop five focus areas. While efforts in these areas will be consistently revisited and refined, the following areas will be at the center of our efforts for the remainder of this school year and into the 2019-2020 school year:
- Safety: building access, organization of classes, and monitoring
- Instruction: instructional delivery including rigor, alignment to the state curriculum, and digital integration
- School Climate: staff and student recognition programs, incentive programs, and promoting student leadership
- Blended Learning: access to in- and out-of-school blended learning opportunities to support remediation and accelerated learning
- Class Schedules/Meeting Structures: to support quality instruction, student supports, and college and career readiness
I wish to conclude with sincere gratitude for the welcoming I have received thus far. There are many rich traditions at BHS that I have already grown to admire and appreciate. I thank you in advance for your support as our school and staff work collaboratively to better serve the community.
Michael P. Kuhaneck
Michael P. Kuhaneck, Ed. D