2017 Summer Food Service Program Announced
Posted May 31, 2017
HAGERSTOWN, MD (May 31, 2017) – The Food and Nutrition Services office of Washington County Public Schools (WCPS) announces its summer meal schedule and sites, and the schedule for the Meal Machine. WCPS is operating six vehicles in the Meal Machine program this spring and summer, providing free meals for anyone 18 years of age and younger Monday through Friday from June 5 through August 25. Meal Machine times and locations are as follows:
- 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Children In Need, 131 West North Avenue, Hagerstown
- 11 – 11:45 a.m. – Cortland Manor Community Building, 12806 Little Elliot Drive, Hagerstown
- 11:15 a.m. – noon – Elgin Station, 40 Elgin Boulevard, Hagerstown
- 12:15 – 1 p.m. – Hellene Park, 155 Park Avenue, Hagerstown
- 11:15 a.m. – noon – Lakeside Village Community Building, 17012 Alcott Road, Hagerstown
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Noland Village Community Building, 1048 Noland Drive, Hagerstown
- 12:15 – 1 p.m. – Otterbein United Methodist Church, 108 East Franklin Street, Hagerstown
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Pangborn Park, 591 Pangborn Boulevard, Hagerstown
- 12:30 – 1:15 p.m. – Valley Meadows Townhomes, 11201 Scarlet Oak Drive, Hagerstown
Three school-based sites have been established. Monday through Thursday from June 5 through August 24, breakfast will be served at 9 a.m. and lunch at noon at Bester Elementary and Pangborn Elementary schools. Monday through Thursday from June 19 through August 24, breakfast will be served at 9 a.m. and lunch at noon at Salem Avenue Elementary School. The meals are free at the school sites for any child 18 years of age and younger.
The Salvation Army Kitchen at 541 George Street, Hagerstown will serve as an additional WCPS summer meal site. Children 18 and under can receive one free lunch from WCPS from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. At the Salvation Army site, children 18 and under must be accompanied by an adult.