UPDATE: Winter Break Meal Kits
Posted December 8, 2020
Follow-up to Meal Kit Distribution Announcement
We have received a tremendous response to our offer of free meal kits for children over the winter break. At this time we have to take a pause in these efforts to determine the best way to meet this need in our community.
Our Food and Nutrition Services staff is working with our partners to make sure we can provide food for every child who needs meals over the winter break period. We believe there will be more families who would like to sign up for these meal kits than we have already seen in just one day of promoting this service.
The order forms for the meal kits are currently not accepting responses. WCPS will continue to keep our community updated about our efforts with this program in the near future.
For a Spanish or French version of this message, click here.
SIGN-UP NOW FOR 5 DAYS OF FREE MEAL KITS – WHILE SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED DURING WINTER BREAK!
- Meal Kits are provided to all children – 18 years & under, free of charge
- Receive 1 breakfast + 1 lunch + 1 dinner (per day, per child)
- Cooking instructions & allergen information will be provided
- Sign-up is required to ensure enough food is prepared (no exceptions)
- All Meal Kits must be picked up on December 22nd (at the locations & times listed below)
MEAL KITS MUST BE PRE-ORDERED BY DECEMBER 15TH – NO EXCEPTIONS!
ALL MEAL KITS MUST BE PICKED-UP ON DECEMBER 22ND
PICK-UP MEAL KIT LOCATIONS:
- Northern Middle School
- E.R. Hicks Middle School
PICK-UP TIMES AVAILABLE:
- 11:30AM–12:30PM (come during normal operations to receive an extra Meal Bag for Dec 22nd)
- 3:00PM–5:00PM (no extra meal will be distributed for Dec 22nd)