Tech High Bulletin
Posted September 18, 2017
Monday, September 18, 2017 – A-Day
Beginning of the year forms are past due. Please return the following forms to your Tech teacher ASAP:
- Student Profile/Info. Form
- Insurance Form
- WCPS Pull-Out
- WCTHS Form
On October 2nd, we will kick off our Kids Helping Kids Food Drive. This will be a competition between our Junior and Senior Class. The class donating the most food items will be awarded ‘the class with the most spirit' during our Homecoming Dance November 11th. Please place all food in the designated boxes in the cafeteria, or you may bring them to Mrs. Nichols room, Level I Cosmetology. The food drive will run from October 2nd to the 27th. Students donating 20 or more food items, will be entered into a drawing to win 2 tickets for the Homecoming Dance. Please make sure to take your items to Ms. Nichols room so that you can get your name in the drawing!
2016 – 2017 Yearbook – on sale for $10. We have a few DAMAGED yearbooks remaining from last year. If you would like one, please bring $10.00 cash to Mrs. Higy for a yearbook.
2017 - 2016 Yearbooks are on sale NOW for $40 until September 30th. The price increases to $45 on October 1st. You may order online at yearbookforever.com or pickup an order form on cart outside of Library Media Center.
Save the date! This year’s Homecoming Dance will be held on Saturday, November 11th from 8-12p.m. More information to come!
See You At The Pole – Come join the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) on Wednesday, September 27th from 8:15-8:45am at the flag pole to ask that our 2017-2018 school year be a blessed one.
Dates to remember:
- FAFSA - Seniors and parents/guardians are invited to Tech High on Monday, October 9, in the Computer Lab of the Media Center from 4:00 – 7:00 PM. You both should bring, Federal Income Tax return for 2016. Know your social security number and have an email account that you will use for financial aid and college/tech school information.
- The PSAT test will be given on Wednesday, October 11. The first 100 to sign up will take the test. Sign up in Guidance.
- College Fair – Wednesday, 10/11/17 – HCC / ARCC (gym) 6:00 – 8:00 PM. Over 120 colleges, tech schools, military and business representatives will be there to meet with you and your folks.
- Maryland College Application Campaign for Tech High will be the week of October 23 – 27. PLEASE plan to submit at least one application to any post-secondary school.
- The ASVAB test will be given at Tech High on Friday, November 3, in the Computer Lab of the Media Center. There are 32 seats available. Sign up in Guidance.
Seniors, tell your parents/guardians to watch MPT (Maryland Public TV) for a live broadcast from UMBC, “Ways to Pay for College” Thursday, September 21 at 7:00 PM. MPT is Channel 3 & 11 on Antietam Cable TV. Live stream is also available at mpt.org/college.
University System of Maryland at Hagerstown will have an Open House on Tuesday, October 3, 5:00 – 7:00 PM. RSVP to receive a free gift - www.usmhopenhouse2017.eventbrite.com USMH = Coppin State, Frostburg, Salisbury, Towson, UMCP, UMBC, UMES and UMUC.
The Schreyer Honors College at Penn State University will host its Scholars Day Open House on Friday, September 22. Register to attend. For this absence to be excused, see Mrs. Keplinger in the main office for a pre-approval form. This should be signed by teachers and parents/guardians in advance.
The First Energy PSI program combines classroom learning and hands-on training leading to an Associate’s Degree and a long-lasting career in the electric utility industry. Sessions offer the opportunity to learn about the program and decide if a career as a line worker or substation electrician is the right choice. The line worker program is offered in conjunction with Blue Ridge CTC in Martinsburg, WV. An information sessions is scheduled for Saturday, November 4, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. at Blue Ridge CTC. Both, the line worker and substations programs, are offered at Pierpoint CTC in Fairmont, WV. This information session is scheduled at Pierpont CTC on Saturday, November 11, 2017 10:00 a.m. Registration to attend the sessions should be coming soon.
Attention Youth Hunters: Donate your deer to help hunt down hunger! Farmers & Hunters Feeding the Hungry pays the meat processing bill and gives the meat to food banks and programs that feed the needy. To donate and earn SSL hours call 301-739-3000 or email email@example.com. Ernst Country Market (Clear Spring), Holsinger’s Meat Market (Maugansville) and Sunnyland/Ray Burger’s (Williamsport) participate in this program. Call today to set up donations.
Authentic Community Theatre: at 10226 Gov. Lane Blvd., Williamsport (Suite 4011) is looking for volunteers to help during musical theater productions and activities at Washington County parks and libraries. There is an urgent need for a student volunteer willing to commit to one afternoon/evening per week to assist with costume management (organizing, putting away, etc.), preferably for the entire school year. Interested students should contact Janet Brooks at 310-991-7641 or at Jantbrooks@aol.com
Breast Cancer Awareness-Cumberland Valley: Students needed to place/remove pink flags in the grass to support breast cancer awareness at the following locations and times:
- Thursday, Sept. 28th @3:30 PM at the Elks Club (11063 Robinwood Dr., Hagerstown)
- Wednesday, Oct. 4th @4:30 PM at United Bank (18750 N. Pointe Dr., Hagerstown)
- Monday, Oct. 30th @3:30 PM at United Bank-Remove flags
- Tuesday, Oct. 21st @3:30 PM at the Elks Club-Remove flags
Step ‘N Stride Walk: BCA-CV is looking for students to place and remove pink flags along the perimeter of HCC ARCC campus loop road. Students must register to volunteer and indicate which event and time slot they are available. Any questions may be answered at 301-791-5843.
Hagerstown Hispanic Festival (12 Noon-6:00 PM): Volunteers needed on Sunday, Oct. 1st at the Hagerstown Fairgrounds to assist with the Hispanic Festival. Student volunteers may begin as early as 8:30 AM! Please email Wenda Castro at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions and to register. Remember to bring you SSL card along to the event!
Entrée – Beef & Pasta Casserole w/ Dinner Roll
Garde Manger – Chicken Pesto Wrap
Dessert – Chocolate Crinkle Cookie