Tech High Bulletin
Posted October 29, 2018
Monday, October 29, 2018 – A-Day
There will be MANDATORY National Technical Honor Society Meetings on the following dates/times: (Invitation ONLY)
- Friday, October 26 @ 9:15-9:45 a.m. in the AV CTR (A-Day Tech Areas ONLY)
- Wednesday, November 28 @ 9:15-10:15 a.m. in the Cafeteria
- Thursday, November 29 @ 9:15-11:15 a.m. in the Cafeteria
Homecoming Update: Hollywood Homecoming tickets are being sold in the cafeteria during all three lunch shifts. Tickets cost $15 per person and $25 per couple. The Homecoming dance is Saturday, November 3 from 8pm-11pm.
Spirt Week: Spirit Week is Here!!!
- Tuesday, October 30 – Twin Tuesday
- Wednesday, October 31 – Wear Pink Wednesday
- Thursday, November 1 – Throwback Thursday
- Friday, November 2 – College Apparel Friday
Upload Pictures for yearbook
- Yearbook Snap App: iOS or android
- access code: Eagles
- Please see Mrs. Higy if you need help.
iCoverage fee, $15, is due November 9. Please pay the $15 iCoverage Fee online through My School Bucks OR give the fee to your Tech teacher.
Senior Picture for yearbook:
- All senior yearbook pictures must be submitted by November 9.
- If you had your picture taken at Myerly and Lowe, they will submit your picture.
- If you had your picture taken elsewhere, please submit your picture digitally (JPEG) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yearbooks are $50 from now until December 22.
- $55 - December 23 – March 22.
- $60 – March 23 – May 3.
- $65 cash – May 4 – end of year if there are any unsold Yearbooks.
Ipad access at home - Students/staff if you are having issues accessing the Internet at home, please try this: Enter username (5/3 or whatever you use to log into a school computer) and password (wcps lunch number) in the proxy up to 5 times. If you are still having issues, please stop by the Media Center.
ASVAB (Military entrance test) – THE DATE HAS CHANGED!! The test will now be given on November 19th from 9:00 to 12:00 in the AV Center. Sign up in the counseling center. Interpretation of results will be held on December 10, 2018 from 9:15-10:15.
College Visits at Washington County Technical High School:
October 29, 2018 1:00PM Stevenson University
November 2, 2018 11:00AM Salisbury University
November 5, 2018 9:15 AM West Virginia Wesleyan College
Interested students should sign up with Mrs. Healey in the Counseling Center.
Rockland Woods Basketball Club - Instructional non-profit basketball league for K-5th graders is looking for anyone with knowledge and skills to be assistant coaches or referees for the K/1 and 2/3 age groups. Please contact Erin Weaver, RWBC secretary at (301)788-8187 or send an email to email@example.com for more information or to sign-up. Season starts mid-November and runs until first weekend in March.
Goodwill Industries - is looking for 17-18 year old Washington County students to enroll in free classes! There are different topics for each 2 week class. Classes are held every Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30-6:00 PM on 200 N. Prospect St. Hagerstown in the Horizon Goodwill Industries Building, adjacent to Domino’s Pizza. You may sign up by calling Ebonee at 301-733-7330 extension 1701 (leave a detailed message) or by emailing Ebonee at firstname.lastname@example.org or go online and fill out an application. Flyers available under Mrs. Knodle’s SSL bulletin board.
The Washington County Historical Society - (located at 135 W. Washington St. Hagerstown) is looking for students to assist in a variety of opportunities. From weekend painting and garden work to working in their library, archives or assisting during Saturday craft sessions. All activities are on site at the Miller House and interested students should contact Anna Cueto at email@example.com or 301-797-8782.
Kris Kringle Craft Show @ HCC ARRC Building - Students are needed to help with set up, clean up, assisting vendors and customers with carrying packages, door prizes, tickets and shopping bags. Interested students must contact Brian Pitsnogle at 240-500-7656 or at Brianpitsnogle@gmail.com to earn SSL hours.
- Friday, Nov. 16 3:30 PM-9:00 PM
- Saturday, Nov. 17 7:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Sunday, Nov. 18 7:00 AM-3:00 PM or 3:00 PM-5:00 PM
Entrée – Spaghetti & Meatballs w/ Dinner Roll
Garde Manger – Turkey & Cheese Panini
Dessert – Double Chocolate Chip Cookie