Recommended Math, Science and Secondary English Curriculum Resources Available for Public Review and Comment
Posted April 13, 2018
HAGERSTOWN, MD (April 13, 2018) - The Washington County Board of Education (BOE) has received recommendations for the purchase of curriculum materials for secondary English language arts, high school mathematics and middle/high school science. The public is welcome to review and comment on the materials through April 27, 2018.
The Office of English Language Arts recommended the purchase of a fully digital, interactive resource for students enrolled in English courses for grades 6-11. The resource includes the following:
- An online platform that is accessible from home as well as print texts available to students in their classrooms
- Intervention and enrichment opportunities for students
- Targeted tasks designed to promote critical thinking
Print copies of the resource for grades six and nine will be available for public review for 30 days. Interested individuals can access information about this resource by clicking following this link. Comments can be sent to Lura Hanks at email@example.com.
The Office of Science and Mathematics recommended the purchase of Pearson Education EnVision for high school mathematics, including Geometry and Algebra 2, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt to support the high school science program, including Biology and Earth Space Sciences and Amplify Science for the middle school science program. Here are the ways the mathematics and science resources can be reviewed:
- High school mathematics: Pearson Education EnVision
- High school science: Biology; Earth & Space Science
- Middle school science: Amplify
Comments can be sent to Michelle Harman at firstname.lastname@example.org.