National Merit Scholarship Commended Students in WCPS
Posted October 4, 2018
HAGERSTOWN, MD (October 4, 2018) – A number of students in Washington County Public Schools (WCPS) have been named Commended Students in the 2019 National Merit Scholarship Program. The recognized WCPS students are among about 34,000 students nationwide who earned Commended Student status. They placed among the top 50,000 scorers of more than 1.6 million students who entered the 2019 National Merit Scholarship Program by taking the 2017 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test.
Commended Students in the 2019 National Merit Scholarship Program:
- Boonsboro High: Maeve Dever, Zaheen Murshed, Andrew Osmond
- North Hagerstown High: Ryan Barnett
- Smithsburg High: Ryan Goodmansen, Katie Le, Sydney Scott
- South Hagerstown High: Holly McAndrew
- Washington County Technical High: Tyler Adkins, Alexander Gwizdala
Gabe Juedemann from Boonsboro High School had previously been announced as a National Merit Scholarship semifinalist, which means he continues in the competitive program toward possible national scholarship awards. Finalists will be announced in February.