2018 WINTER ARTS SESSIONS (CATS) for INTERESTED 6th and 7th GRADE STUDENTS
Posted January 2, 2018
Washington County Students* in grades 6 and 7 who have demonstrated an interest in the visual and performing arts:
• VOCAL MUSIC
• INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC
Brass, woodwinds, strings, percussion
• THEATRE ARTS
• VISUAL ARTS
are invited to submit an application of interest to participate in the
Center for Artistically Talented Students (C.A.T.S.)
at The Barbara Ingram School for the Arts
on South Potomac Street in Hagerstown
Saturday mornings from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
2018 – 6th and 7th Grade Winter Program
February 24, March 10, March 24, April 7
• Students will select a primary interest area for the four-week session.
• Students selected will be expected to be present at all four sessions.
• Student applications must be submitted by January 30, 2018 to WCPS visual and performing arts teachers or mailed to Visual and Performing Arts Office, Washington County Public Schools, 10435 Downsville Pike, Hagerstown, MD 21740
Students can enroll online using this link:
Student enrollments in each area, except instrumental music will be limited to 20 students. A lottery system will be used to select students when the applicants exceed enrollment limits. Instrumental music students will be selected from the six instrumental groups to promote a balanced ensemble.
• There is no charge to participate in the C.A.T.S. program.
• Parents/Guardians will provide or arrange student transportation to and from the Saturday sessions.